Every believer is baptized with Fire by Christ Himself, so that we can have a deeper love for God with passion and action to do His will (Matthew 3:11)
The level of your fire will determine how far you are from the devil and how close you are to God.
What Happens When You Lose Your Fire for God
- You begin to lose interest in spiritual things. The physical things of this world becomes your priority instead of the things above (Colossians 3:2; Philippians 3:14). Sometimes we say it is a trying time from God. Please God does not tempt anyone with evil (James 1:13).
- You begin to have desire for sin, which then lead you to give room to your flesh to sin. (James 1: 14 -15). You are easily tempted with sins that you never were moved by before.
- Your ministry and gift becomes dormant, thereby denying other believers the benefit of your gifts and ministry (1 Corinthians 14:12).
- Evil things that God never permitted begins to manifest in your life: for example, various kinds of sickness, quarreling, disappointments, depression, oppression and so on. Because you are no more on the Rock but on the sand (Matthew 7: 24 -27).
How To Rekindle Your Fire For God
Revelation 2: 4 -5
- Check you self if you still have the fire for God, or if you are in that level of fire you desire for God? (Rev 2: 4)
- Evaluate yourself and things or situations around you, and see where you have missed it or what is lacking; if you don’t you will always miss it. (Revelation 2: 5) Fallen!
- Talk to God about it because you may have grieved the Holy Spirit and even other believers as well. (Revelation 2:5) Repent!
- Go back to your daily love for Him and do what He asks you to do, especially your calling and the work He has given you to do. (Revelation 2:5) Work!